Neurotransmitter Testing in Madison, MS
Neurotransmitters are chemicals that are naturally produced in your body. Their main responsibility is to help facilitate communication from one neuron to the next across a synapse—a gap between two neurons. Neurotransmitters work with receptors in the brain to influence and regulate a wide range of processes like mental performance, emotions, pain response, and energy levels.
Neurotransmitters play a vital role in the way our brain interacts with our immune, endocrine, digestive, and nervous systems. A depleted supply can lead to a host of problems. People suffering from a neurotransmitter imbalance may experience:
- Mood swings
- ADD / ADHD
- Memory loss
- Sleep disturbances
- Decreased sex drive
- Hormonal imbalance
Neurotransmitter testing can identify an imbalance, helping to formulate a treatment plan to restore your overall wellness. To meet with a healthcare provider in Madison who offers neurotransmitter testing, call (769) 241-3447 or contact Innovative Health LLC online.
What Causes Neurotransmitter Imbalances?
The cause of neurotransmitter imbalances are attributed to today's fast-paced lifestyle that literally depletes your level of neurotransmitters and hormones. Of the many factors affecting neurotransmitter balance, these are the most commonly reported:
- Chronic stress : Both emotional and physical stress can cause neurons to use large amounts of neurotransmitters to help cope with the situation. Chronic daily stress can tax the nervous system and deplete neurotransmitter supplies.
- Poor diet: The body synthesizes neurotransmitters from nutrients obtained in food—like amino acids and proteins.
- Neurological toxins: There are a number of environmental toxins like pollution and pesticides, which can affect brain chemistry and nervous system health.
- Genetics: Some people are metabolically predisposed to neurotransmitter deficiencies. Certain health conditions—like depression and ADD / ADHD—are found to run in families
What is Neurotransmitter Testing?
Identifying and managing neurotransmitter imbalances is facilitated with a neurotransmitter test. Testing provides a tool to understand each patient's specific imbalances, which can be corrected with nutraceuticals , bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, and lifestyle changes.
This test uses a urine sample. Testing your urine will determine your unique natural brain chemicals/hormones and show the imbalances that are causing your depression symptoms, fatigue , anxiety symptoms or other health issues. These tests can include the monitoring of chemicals such as:
- GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid)
Treating Neurotransmitter Imbalances:
The first step in a balanced treatment plan is to monitor your lifestyle, which includes an examination of your dietary habits. Your doctor may also recommend a body cleansing to rid your system of any potential toxins.
Another technique that has proven effective in treating a neurotransmitter imbalance is called Targeted Amino Acid Therapy. Through a combination of amino acids and vitamin supplements, your doctor will be able to stimulate your body's natural production of neurotransmitters.
Request more information about Neurotransmitter Testing today. Call (769) 241-3447 or contact Innovative Health LLC online.
Innovative Health LLC
Address111 Fountains Blvd
Madison, MS 39110
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm