Laboratory Evaluation for Cancer in Lafayette, IN
Laboratory evaluation is a critical stage in integrative cancer therapy treatment (ICT). A battery of tests is performed to develop a specialized treatment plan for the individual patient. These tests can help an integrative cancer therapy doctor determine which treatment modalities to use and in which amounts.
Request more information about integrative cancer therapy testing today: call (765) 259-0545 or contact Charles Turner MD online.
What Tests are Used for Integrative Cancer Therapy?
Just like integrative cancer therapy treatment, ICT testing will vary depending on the individual cancer case and the particular needs of the patient. An integrative cancer therapy treatment plan may include some or all of these tests:
- Ceruloplasmin level testing: Ceruloplasmin is a protein that helps store copper. Copper itself is necessary for tumor growth and metastasis. This test checks for elevated ceruloplasmin levels, which can be lowered with the correct treatment.
- Lymphocyte subset panel: This test is typically performed on later-stage cancers. Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cells that help stop the spread of cancer. If lymphocyte levels are low, it indicates a weakened immune system.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF): The substance known as VEGF stimulates the growth of new blood vessels. Elevated levels lead to tumor growth and advanced cancers. With the right cancer treatments levels of VEGF can be lowered.
- Glucose, insulin and HgbA1C levels: High levels of glucose and insulin promote the growth of certain cancers. These levels can be lowered by utilizing certain drugs, along with nutraceuticals and dietary changes.
- Circulating tumor cells (CTCs): This is a crucial test for advanced-stage cancers. Circulating tumor cells are those that heave spread to the other parts of the body through metastasis.
What Happens after Laboratory Evaluation?
After testing is complete, an integrative cancer therapy treatment plan can be developed. Possible ICT treatment options include:
- Low-dose metronomic chemotherapy
- pH manipulation therapy
- Diet and nutrition
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- IV therapy
- Pharmaceutical drugs (used in an “off-label” fashion)
Request ICT Information Today
The laboratory evaluation and tests used in integrative cancer therapy are comprehensive and help providers tailor treatment to each individual patient. Request integrative cancer therapy information today: call (765) 259-0545 or contact Charles Turner MD online.
Address3554 Promenade PKWY
Lafayette, IN 47909
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm